I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I want to do with this business, how I want to build it, and how I’ll KNOW when I’ve made it what I want it to be. Something that always seems to come to mind lately is my serious case of wanderlust. I want to travel, and by travel I don’t just mean to the next state. I want to see the West Coast, other countries, other continents. I think the easiest way for me to know that I’ve finally accomplished having the business I want is when I get to a point that I am regularly traveling outside of Virginia and the United States.
So, with that in mind, I decided to share my “Photography Bucket List” today. Not all of these have to do with traveling, but a lot do! I’m sure I’ll add to this later, but here’s the beginning:
1. Shoot a wedding in Italy.
2. Shoot a wedding in Ireland.
3. Shoot a wedding in Scotland.
4. Shoot a wedding in South America.
5. Shoot a wedding with traditions that are foreign to me (Indian, Spanish, etc).
6. Shoot a proposal. (I know I shot one of these back in December, but it was more of a reenactment. I want to shoot one where I have to hide in bushes to capture the moment!)
7. Hold a Great Gatsby themed styled shoot.
8. Hold a Notebook themed styled shoot.
9. Shoot a wedding on one of the US Virgin Islands.
10. Shoot a wedding on each of the Hawaiian Islands.
11. Shoot a wedding in Alaska (in an igloo!).
12. Shoot a wedding in Greece.
13. Have the chance to try my hand at birth photography.
14. Perfect my wedding shooting style.
15. Shoot lots and lots of lifestyle family sessions.
16. Shoot a wedding on a farm.
17. Have the opportunity to photograph an older couple that has been together since they were very young.
18. Photograph a young family.
19. Capture a couple’s life from their engagement and wedding, to their maternity and family photos.
20. Photograph someone famous.
21. Photography a child with autism and their family.
What’s on your list?