Whew! It’s been a few weeks since I’ve done a “Borrowed and Blue” post so I thought today would be perfect! We have officially booked our venue, my dress has been bought, and my bridesmaids have been chosen! Slowly checking things off the list!
When I asked my closest friends to be bridesmaids/Maid of Honor, I knew I wanted to do something cute. Now we all know how much I love Pinterest, and there are PLENTY of ideas on there. I was inspired by a post I saw that involved “popping the question” with a ring pop! I’ll link to that pin later today when I have a chance to scour my board to find it. The one I saw was a bit more involved, and I am on a budget, so I came up with my own.
Now, the ones I put together were done in about 20 minutes in my car before I met everyone for dinner. The dinner was a last minute kind of thing since we all have crazy schedules, so I had to run and buy everything and put it together THAT NIGHT. That’s how easy these are!
Things You’ll Need:
– A small cardboard box (I got mine at Michael’s on sale for ~$1)
– A ring pop for each girl
– Lip Stickers and Chalkboard Stick on Labels (you can pick any kind of stickers you want, I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
– A gold or silver Sharpie
– Another fine Sharpie in your color choice
– A few small gifts for each girl (I found the bubble bath & loofas in the dollar section of Target!)
1. Place your cardboard box on the table, add chalkboard label, and a few stickers. Using your gold or silver Sharpie write “Will you….” on the chalkboard label.
2. On the inside top of the box, using your other colored Sharpie, write “Be my Bridesmaid?” (or Maid of Honor). Place ring pop inside box.
3. Place your other gifts inside the box, if they fit. I misjudged the size, so I had to hand out the champagne bubble bath and loofas separately, but it was no big deal.
And there you go! Three simple steps. I spent right around $30 on these, and that covered enough for 6 girls, plus I had some extra ring pops left over! I know they’re not as in depth as the ones on Pinterest, but I still think they’re pretty cute!
While I was photographing these, Miss Hannah popped up in the window to get in on the action, so I snapped a few shots of her as well. She’s so sweet, don’t let that last picture fool you 🙂