We’ve all seen the cliche movie scene: Bride picks out dresses for the wedding party that she LOVES and then says, “And the best part is, you can totally wear it again!”
Let’s get real y’all- rarely does a bridesmaid dress see anywhere but the dark corner of a closet after the big day is over. How terrible is that? Especially after a bridesmaid had paid anywhere from $100-$200 on a dress, per wedding that she is asked to be in.
When I was wedding planning, my bridesmaid dress knowledge was limited to chain stores- David’s Bridal, Alfred Angelo, etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these stores. My own bridesmaids wore dresses from Alfred Angelo! However, I also know many of my ladies had to pinch pennies to afford their dresses, and they haven’t touched them since. The thought of that makes me feel terrible!
In the spirit of helping another bride find dresses her girls will actually be happy to wear again and again, I’ve done a little research. Every bride wants their wedding to be unique, and the choices below will definitely help with that! The problem with the big chain stores is that their styles are the same all over, so you run out of options after awhile. The choices below offer plenty of different options!
The best part about these dresses? They are ALL under $100!!
1. I would totally wear this dress again. It’s beautiful! The cranberry shade is definitely my favorite for a fall shindig, but you could totally reuse it as a Christmas dress by throwing a cute sweater over it! Get it here.
2. I love this dress for a fancier winter wedding! It could also double as a dress for holiday parties or a nice dinner out. Get it here.
3. I want to buy this dress for myself, it’s just so adorable! This piece also comes in a variety of colors, but I’m loving the coral color of the lace for a vintage rustic wedding! Get it here.
The down side to these beauties is that they are on the pricier side. However, if your girls are already lovers of J. Crew, they probably won’t mind splurging a little more on their bridesmaid dress if it means they’ll get use out it.
1. I love this lace! You could totally reuse it as a work dress, or just as something nice to wear for date night! Get it here
2. I really love this dress, but I had to think hard as to whether or not this could/would actually be worn again. I think this piece would be safe for holiday parties, or as a guest to another wedding! Get it here.
3. This is totally adorable and could definitely be reused as an office dress, or just as a dress to have if you go out somewhere nice in the summer. Get it here.
I’ve only recently fallen in love with Ann Taylor, so I was really excited to find these dresses. They’re all within the same price range as the popular chain wedding shops.
1. I really love the shoulders on this dress. It could be used as a work dress after the wedding, or as the perfect dress for a night out on the town. Get it here.
2. I think this would make a super cute dress for a warm summer day! Get it here.
3. I love the unique straps on this dress. Like the first one, I think it could be great for a night out! Get it here.
I hope some of these ideas help at least on person! Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses from? What have you done with your dress since the wedding?