Well friends, Seth and I have some news…
I did NOT think I would be writing this post so early on in our marriage. I’ve always had this tremendous fear that we would struggle when we finally decided to start a family due to my constant struggle with my Colitis. I’ve been told by a lot of people that it was an irrational fear, but with the extreme weight loss and malnutrition I experience during bad flare ups, it was a real possibility.
Back in June we started talking about our future plans, and made the decision to put the timeline of kids completely in God’s hands, and have the faith that when this was supposed to happen, it would happen. In July, I took two positive home pregnancy tests. When we went to the doctor to confirm, they informed us they had been false positives, possibly the result of the a chemical pregnancy.
I of course immediately thought this was a bad sign, and that it was the beginning of the struggle. Oh how wrong I was. The weekend before I left for the Pursuit 31 conference in September, I took another test. It was positive. So I took another. Same result. Seth happened to be out fishing that night, and there I was, with these two positive tests. I’ll be honest y’all- I ugly cried like I have never ugly cried before- and it was not out of excitement. I was TERRIFIED. I was so prepared to have to fight for a family, that I was completely unprepared when the opportunity presented itself again. We went to the doctor for a blood test confirmation the next day, and found out that we are, in fact, having a baby 🙂
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t scared. That everything is perfect. It’s not. But then, when is it ever? We see these perfect photos on Pinterest, Instagrams of perfectly happy parents-to-be, and Facebook statuses that ooze with giddyness at the thought of a new baby- and we start to wonder if something is wrong with us. And then I realize we do the same thing. Sometimes it’s hard to remember that social media is a highlight reel of life, and I don’t discount any of that. I love seeing happy moments and I love sharing my own, but its easy to get lost in the comparison.
Don’t get me wrong- WE ARE SO EXCITED! But we are also so scared, so nervous. And it’s totally okay to feel that way. However, we also know that God is faithful, so faithful. We know that all the things we worry about will work out in his time. We just have to be patience, and learn to let go. That is sometimes the hardest part.
The easiest part is that I get to do it all with this sweet guy:
Side note here- it is REALLY hard to be a photographer in cases like this because you want so badly to take photos like this yourself. So, sometimes you just have to set your camera up and get a good friend to take photos who doesn’t mind a little direction. Alexis, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help on these! Thank you for your patience with me explaining how to do things you probably already know how to do. Seth and I really appreciate you giving us some of your time to get these photos taken 🙂
SO. Now we get in to the information in sure you guys a dying to know!
1. How long have you known? We found out for sure we were pregnant about a week after our anniversary, so late September. It’s been really hard to keep this to ourselves 🙂
2. Due date? May 25th, 2015. If Baby Blizzard cooks any later, I might be sharing a birthday 🙂
3. How far along are you? 10 weeks.
4. Will you find out the gender? Uhm, YES! I don’t do well with surprises, and I’m a planner. I want to know as soon as we can!
5. How are you feeling? Pretty terrible honestly. I am nauseous and exhausted ALL the time. But I’ve adjusted and just take lots of naps on the weekends. Snacking often throughout the day seems to be helping to curb the nausea. I’m also open to any suggestions.
6. Are you going to blog about your pregnancy? Yes. I am so excited to do this! I’m planning on weekly “bumpdates.”
7. Are you still going to shoot weddings? YES! Definitely. I will book weddings up through the middle of April, then I will resume booking/shooting in September. I’m also going to be starting to offer family sessions again because, quite frankly, I’ve missed them.
Feel free to ask more questions- I’ll answer as fast as I can!